Home Court News High court blocks FKF move to oust official Abdullahi Yusuf

High court blocks FKF move to oust official Abdullahi Yusuf

by Faith Karanja

The High Court in Kiambu has stopped the Football Kenya Federation (FKF) from removing, suspending, or interfering with Abdullahi Yusuf’s position.

Justice Bahati Mwamuye issued conservatory orders to protect Yusuf’s role as a member of the FKF National Executive Committee.

The orders will remain in place until the court determines his constitutional petition.

Court protects Yusuf’s FKF position

Justice Mwamuye directed FKF to maintain the current situation pending the hearing of the case.

The judge barred the federation from taking any action against Yusuf’s office or position.

The court also suspended any decisions that FKF had already made against him.

“ A conservatory order be and is hereby issued restraining the Respondent from suspending, removing, or in any other way interfering with the Petitioner’s office and position at the Football Kenya Federation (FKF), the National Executive Committee, and/or related offices,” the court stated.

Yusuf challenges FKF meeting decisions

The dispute follows an FKF National Executive Committee meeting held on April 24, 2026.

Yusuf has challenged the resolutions passed during the meeting.

Through Danstan Omari & Associates, he argues that FKF failed to follow its own procedures.

He claims the meeting lacked proper notice and violated constitutional requirements.

Yusuf also says officials made decisions affecting his position without inviting him or informing him.

Leadership changes and financial claims

Court documents indicate that the meeting directed Yusuf to step aside from his NEC role.

The resolutions also reportedly proposed that FKF Deputy President Macdonald Mariga take over presidential duties temporarily.

The move would remain in place as officials investigated allegations of financial misconduct.

The claims include alleged misuse of KSh42 million linked to the CHAN tournament.

The allegations also involve procurement concerns and possible conflicts of interest.

Yusuf claims his rights were violated

Yusuf argues that FKF denied him a fair hearing.

He says officials made decisions without giving him charges, reasons, or an opportunity to respond.

He also claims FKF denied him access to important documents.

These include meeting minutes, evidence, the agenda, and voting records.

“The said resolutions were made without notice, without reasons, without charge, without particulars of any alleged misconduct, without a hearing,” Yusuf stated.

Court petition against FKF

In his petition, Yusuf argues that FKF has already implemented the disputed resolutions.

He says the decisions have affected his leadership role, mandate, and reputation.

Yusuf wants the court to declare the resolutions unconstitutional.

He is also seeking orders to stop FKF from enforcing the decisions.

Additionally, he wants reinstatement to his position until FKF follows a lawful disciplinary process.

Case returns to court

The court directed FKF’s National Executive Committee to respond to the petition.

The Cabinet Secretary for Youth Affairs, Creative Economy and Sports will also participate as an interested party.

The matter will return to court on May 19, 2026, for compliance and further directions.

 

You may also like

Leave a Comment

About Us

Justice Today Kenya is the premier source of news, commentary, and analysis the goings-on in the legal corridors in Kenya. It delivers news on court judgments, upcoming cases, current hearings, scholarly perspectives, practical insights, updates, and more, as well as news and features that touch on justice.

error: Content is protected !!